2016 V8 Warrior Rules
2016 V8 Warrior Shock Clarification
Original Equipment Replacement(O.E.M.) shocks only. Factory numbers must be intact and readable. When looking these numbers up in racing or manufacturers catalogs, it must not say racing shock. One steel shock per wheel only. No Aluminum shocks. Non-adjustable shocks only. Factory sealed, monotube steel body only. No screw-in type cap shocks that can be adjusted. No shrader valves. No canister shocks.
Claim rule price is now $100 per shock. Any claim must be done by East Bay Raceway Park protest and claim rules. Claim forms are available from Head Tech Man in tech shed.
If there is a discrepancy or question about your shock, you need to bring it to Steve O’Lone before you install and run it. If you run it and it is wrong, you will be disqualified.
This class is a STRICTLY STOCK class. All engine parts should be as supplied by manufacturer for that particular make and model of car. All distributors must be stock as supplied by manufacturer for that engine. If that engine does not come from factory with an H.E.I. distributor, it is NOT LEGAL.
NO HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINES OR AFTERMARKET PARTS ARE ALLOWED.
This class was added to offer a way to go racing for a cheaper price; we intend to keep it as cheap as we possibly can. We have Street Stock and Limited Late Model classes that allow more of the addition of high performance or aftermarket parts. We fully intend to clamp down on the rules in 2016 for the benefit of everyone in the class. If the rule book does not say in black and white that you can do something, you had better get written approval from East Bay Raceway Park tech before doing it.
Any car with an electric fuel pump must have a manual cut off valve installed within driver’s reach. This valve must be clearly marked for fuel and with on/off locations. This valve must also be in a position to be reached by safety workers on outside of car. Prefer valve to be on dashboard to the left of steering column or in framerail on left side of driver’s seat. Fuel line must be routed on outside of cockpit except under dash where valve is located. If engine has a location for a manual fuel pump, a manual pump will be mandatory. Electric fuel pumps are only for fuel injected cars or engines that have no manual pump location. East Bay Raceway Park must inspect and approve each of these valves BEFORE they will be allowed to race in any event.
All winners of feature events in 2016 will start the next feature event they enter from the last starting spot.
No driver will be allowed to enter any class above V-8 Warrior and then return to race in the V-8 Warrior class.
If a driver enters 1 event in a class above V-8 Warrior during the 2016 season, they will not be allowed to continue racing in the V-8 Warrior class for the remainder of the 2016 season. This class is designed for entry level drivers and does not need experienced drivers coming back and forth in the class. Any exceptions to this rule will have to be addressed on an individual basis and East Bay Raceway Park officials will have final and binding decision as to whether a driver will be allowed to come back to this class.
East Bay Raceway Park officials may inspect any car and equipment at any time for compliance. All cars must have a safety inspection each season before they race.
All required safety equipment and apparel must be in use while the car is on the track.
Racing helmet with min Snell 95 rating. Neck brace or hans device recommended.
Fire suit with SFI min rating of “I”. No holes or torn fire suits allowed.
Fire resistant gloves, shoes and socks must be worn at all times car is on the track.
3. A MINIMUM 4 point roll cage must be steel pipe or tubing, a minimum of 1 ½ “ (1.50) outside diameter with minimum .095” wall thickness. No square tubing or galvanized pipe allowed. No exceptions. Roll bar padding required around driver. Unibody cars may be tied together not to exceed 10” overlap at joint front and rear. No double frame. All rear & front roll cage tubes must sit on original frame.
4. An engine kill switch must be mounted in the window net area and easily accessible by the driver and from the outside of the car. The switch must be clearly marked “Ignition Switch” and show on and off position.
5. All cars must have a fire extinguisher minimum 2 lbs. securely mounted within easy reach of the driver.
6. A single quick release 4 point harness (minimum 3” belts) dated 2007 or newer is required in all vehicles. All required.
7. Window nets are required on the driver’s side of the car and must be securely mounted. Nets must latch at the top and be operational from inside and outside of the car. Drivers must be able to exit both sides of the car.
8. Aluminum racing seats are mandatory.
9. Drive shaft must be painted white and include the car number. Drive shaft loop will be a 5” wide and ¼ “ thick. It must be securely mounted to the frame 12” from the front universal. Must have one on the rear drive shaft.
10. Battery shall be secured to frame of the car and must be encased.
11. All lead ballast must be painted with the car number and secured with one ½” bolt per 50 lbs. It is your responsibility to make sure your ballast stays in your car for everyone’s safety. Penalty weights must be painted red and orange.
12. Throttle toe strap is mandatory. Throttle linkage must have two return springs.
13. All cars must have front and rear hook ups for towing.
14. All cars must have a radiator over flow can. Water only for coolant.
15. All standard transmissions must have a scatter shield.
If it’s not stated in the rules it doesn’t mean it’s approved. Please consult with the tech-man for approval. All tech decisions are final. The track reserves the right to add weight to any driver in the fairness of competition.
1. Any 1970 or newer American sedan with a minimum wheelbase is allowed is 101” (1” tolerance)
Weight 3100 lb with driver after completion of the race.
2. No sub compact cars.
Wheels and Tires
1. Maximum 8” wheels.
2. Minimum 7/16” studs with 1” lug nuts on all four wheels.
3. Tires must be DOT radial 70 series. All tires must be same size except right front. No recaps.
4. Tires must not exceed 2” from fender wells, except right front.
5. All wheels same size except right front. Off-set 3 or 4 inches but all must be the same RF.
6. No bead-lock wheels allowed. No wheel spacers.
7. Right front wheel only – Can run either 8” or 10” steel wheel with Hoosier 26.5 or 27.5 A-40 or A-40S or Medium. 70 series DOT radial allowed on 8” steel wheel.
8. 2” maximum offset on RF only.
1. Completely stock for year make and model. Doors may be replaced with 18 gauge (.047”) steel.
2. Car body must be strictly stock. No modifications or alterations of any kind unless outlined below. No flaring bodies.
3. Removal of interior parts which can be removed with hand tools okay. No cutting of any panels allowed. Any interior part that is flammable must be removed.
4. Left and right front passenger doors may be gutted for roll bars. Minimum of 4 bars on driver’s side. Three bars on passenger side.
5. All exterior trim must be removed.
6. Hood must have hood pins in front, hinges or pins at rear.
7. Inner front fender panels may be removed.
8. Complete floor pan must be retained.
9. Fenders may be trimmed for tire clearance.
10. Stock factory brake pedal must be mounted in original factory stock location.
11. The window channel on the front doors of a sedan style body may be removed. All other window posts must remain as placed by manufacturer in original location.
12. All glass and plastic must be removed. Plastic stock appearing noses only. No slope or late model style noses.
13. No side windows of any kind.
14. Factory spoilers and side skirts ok. 6” x 60” maximum aftermarket spoiler. No side spoilers. Aftermarket side skirts must meet ride height rule.
15. No holes in the hood. Hood must close in original stock position and retain original stock configurations. Trunk lid must have hinges and pins.
16. Bumpers may be steel tubing with no sharp edges, corners must be rounded.
17. Steel tubing may be used to brace or protect radiator. One hoop bar over radiator attached to frame horns may be used. It may be braced with bars angled to frame horns.
18. Wire screen minimum 1”x1”, with three ½” bars must be installed in front of driver in place of windshield. Screen replaces entire original windshield.
19. Inner skin of hood and trunk lid may be gutted.
20. Floor of trunk area may be removed for fuel cell installation.
Chassis and Suspension
1. Aftermarket stock mount springs ok. No composite leaf springs Rear springs must fit in stock location and buckets. Ride height 6”
2. May use non-threaded, non-adjustable spring buckets in front only. Must be same height. NO TOLERANCE. No jacking bolts or adjustable spring buckets or hangers.
3. Camber may be adjusted with limits of stock length bolts.
4. Stock replacement shocks. No extensions, steel body, non-adjustable.
Stock OEM mounting shocks only. No heim ends, no extensions and no welded shocks.
5. Sway bar may be removed. If the sway bar remains on the car it must be stock for make and model.
1. Stock for make and model. GM 350, Chrysler 360, Ford 351 max. Metric cars will be allowed 350 cubic inches. Engine location in stock position for make and model in factory mounts.
2. Engines must remain strictly stock as produced by manufacturer. No modifications of any kind unless outlined in herein.
3. No high performance engine of any kind. No high performance parts of any kind. No air boxes.
4. Heads 70 cc minimum.
5. 3 angle valve job ok. Final cut no greater than 75 degrees.
6. Bronze guides ok.
7. 1.270” o.d. maximum valve spring diameter. OEM replacement valve spring retainers ok. No light weight, aluminum, or titanium.
8. Stainless OEM stock replacement valves. Neck downs and swirl polished ok.
9. Screw in studs, guide plates, and poly locks ok.
10. No grinding on any part of engine or component.
11. Maximum over bore allowed is .060 + .010 for clearance.
12. Optional: pulleys, oil pan and engine fasteners.
13. Cam lift: GM .390/.410, Ford .425/.450, Dodge .390/.420, Pontiac .388/.424. Camshaft maybe degreed. No gear drives.
14. Carbureted or fuel injection allowed. Factory STOCK fuel injection systems only.
No modifications or high performance parts allowed. All electronic brain boxes or
Components MUST be STOCK and FACTORY SEALED.
Any stock Quadra jet ( choke plate may be removed ) or Holley 4412 with Mr. Gasket PT#1929 adapter. May remove choke plate, change jets, power valve and accelerator pump.
15. Ford may use Holley 1850. May remove choke plate, change jets, power valve and accelerator pump. No secondary metering block.
16. Lifter valley baffle and screens ok.
17. OEM four eyebrow flat top piston ok.
18. Any air cleaner, steel top.
19. Aluminum radiator and water pump ok.
20. Aftermarket power steering pump and engine oil cooler ok.
21. All internal components cannot exceed factory OEM specs. It is your responsibility to provide factory data to back up specs.
22. Moroso kit #62610 and 62630 are the only solid motor mounts allowed and must be mounted in stock location. May chain, strap, or use OEM replacement urethane motor mounts.
23. Cast iron intake only. No marine intakes.
24. Z/28 flywheel okay. Minimum weight 14 lbs.
1. Rear end must be strictly stock for make and model. Welded rear end ok. Mini spool okay.
2. May use aftermarket OEM replacement axles.
3. Transmissions must have all working gears. Factory type mounts.
4. Engine location in stock position for make and model in factory mounts.
5. Z/28 flywheel okay. Minimum weight 14 lbs.
6. Solid hub clutch disc ok. Must be full circle.
7. No light weight clutch assemblies.
1. 12 Volt battery fired ignition only.
2. OEM points or HEI distributor only.
3. May use billet distributor housing.
4. Distributor may be locked.
5. No printed circuit board modules.
6. Alternator ok.
1. Stock OEM cast iron manifold.
Aftermarket headers will be allowed. Maximum $125 retail. No step headers.
No 180 Degree headers. Only down and out headers allowed.
Exhaust pipe must exit behind the driver and no larger than 2 ½ inche O.D. to end of exhaust.
2. No center dump exhaust manifold.
3. Mufflers mandatory. FACTORY or OEM stock replacement muffler.
Muffler must be as supplied by manufacturer and have baffles that deflect the exhaust. No Cherry bomb, glass packs or inserts allowed.
All cars are checked by sound technician and any car that is too loud on the decibel meter will have to make changes to exhaust or mufflers to get noise in line with average of cars in class.
1. No additives allowed.
2. Maximum of 22 gallon fuel cell.
3. Cutting the trunk for the fuel cell is permitted.
4. Fuel cell must be in 12 gauge can and centered.
5. See general rules for fuel cell requirements.
1. Stock factory OEM 4 wheel working brakes only.
2. No brake bias devise of any kind.
3. May remove OEM proportioning valve.
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
The race director or Head Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. ANO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OR DEVIATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding.
On occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of policy and will be added to the existing rules of procedures.
The Management of East Bay Raceway Park